Edições Colibri (taxpayer nr. 502664169), head office at Faculdade de Letras, Alameda
da Universidade, 1600-214 LISBOA, hereinafter “Colibri”, establishes the current
General Conditions of Sale governing the sales carried out through its website,
www.edi-colibri.pt, hereinafter “Website”.
ARTICLE 1 – SCOPE
1.The current General Conditions of Sale aim at informing the customer (also named
“User”) about the forms of ordering, paying and receiving the purchases made through
2. The current Conditions regulate the phases of the ordering process and the ordering
procedure between the contracting parties.
ARTICLE 2 – THE ORDER
1. After having used the on-line device, the User may acquire the books through
the “check-out” purchasing process on the Website, by selecting “Adicionar ao cesto”.
2. To order the books, the User shall:
- a) Add the selected books to the basket
- b) Register on the Website, filling in the required information.
- c) Log in (personal e-mail address plus the password chosen by the User at the registration
- d) Proceed with the information and select the options shown throughout the check-out
process (delivery address; shipping mode; method of payment).
3. The order placed by the User implies complete acceptance of the prices and of
the book list, as well as of the General Conditions of Sale, which are the only
conditions applicable to the contract.
4. In case a book is not available, Colibri undertakes to rapidly inform the User.
ARTICLE 3 – DELIVERY
1. Shipping to Portugal and overseas is made via CTT (the Portuguese postal service)
up to 3 days after the receipt of the order.
Deliveries to post office boxes are not considered. Colibri will make all the necessary
efforts to meet the deadlines, but shall not be responsible for any annoyance or
harm caused by non-compliance of deadlines by CTT.
For the follow up of the order, the User may contact Colibri at any moment (contact
area) or call to 21 796 40 38, from Monday to Friday, 9:00 – 12:30 and 14:00 – 17:00,
and give the order code.
Total Delivery Time = Product availability + Shipping
ARTICLE 4 – PAYMENT
1. Colibri offers the following payment methods and shipping modes (PORTUGAL and
autonomous regions of AZORES and MADEIRA:
- Payable on delivery by CTT: freights are of customer’s responsibility
- Bank transfer to our account (N.I.B.: 0035 0824 0000 2728 530 34 – Caixa Geral de
Depósitos. Bank agency of Reitoria da Universidade de Lisboa).
- Cheque (made payable to Edições Colibri – Apartado 42.001 – 1601-801 Lisboa), stating,
on a separate sheet, the title(s) and quantity(ies) purchased, as well as the customer’s
name and address, and e-mail address and telephone number, if possible).
2. For transactions within Portugal (including the autonomous regions), Colibri
offers a 10% discount on the cover price.
ARTICLE 5 – PRICES
1. Prices are in euro, all taxes included; the VAT in force on the date of the order
is also charged.
2. Any changes on the prices will be immediately announced on the Website.
ARTICLE 6 – GUARANTEES
1. Any book purchased through the Website may be exchanged or reimbursed, as long
as the User returns it within 15 days from the delivery date; for that purpose,
the User shall call to Colibri at 21 796 40 38, or use the Website.
2. Cash-on delivery returns or freights shall not be accepted; Colibri undertakes
to reimburse the User within 30 days after the reception of the returned book(s).
3. Returned books must be in good conditions, i.e. in the same conditions they were
when delivered to the User.
ARTICLE 7 – CLAIMS
Claims can be sent by the User to Colibri, at Faculdade de Letras de Lisboa, Alameda
da Universidade, 1600-214 Lisboa, or at Faculdade de Ciências Sociais e Humanas
da Universidade Nova de Lisboa, Av. de Berna, 26-c – 1069 061 Lisboa.
ARTICLE 8 - RESPONSIBILITY
Edições Colibri is not responsible for any annoyance or harm caused to the User
while using the Internet network, such as: temporary network interruption, external
intrusion, anomalies caused by computer viruses or any other case of force majeure.
ARTICLE 9 – PROCESSING OF PERSONAL DATA
The User allows Colibri to process personal data in an automated way, namely in
view of possible contacts on Colibri activities, such as book launching, promotions
and further editorial information. In case the User is not willing to give such
permission, he/she shall state so.
ARTICLE 10 – INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY
1. This Website is intellectual property of Colibri, and cannot be copied or reproduced,
except when strictly necessary to enable its reading.
2. The reproduction of texts, images, illustrations, pictures and/or any other elements
of Colibri Website requires authorisation.
ARTICLE 11 – EVIDENCE
Contracting parties accept as evidence computer records of communications, orders
and payments made.
ARTICLE 12 – LAW APPLICABLE AND COMPETENT COURT
1. The law applicable to any relation established through the Website is the Portuguese
2. Parties accept the District Court of Lisbon as the competent court, expressly
declining any other Court, in order to settle any disputes deriving from the contract
established according to these General Conditions of Sale.